Documentation to support quality is a learned skill that very few physicians understand, and that hospitals require in order to thrive under the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) quality-based, pay-for-performance program adjustments. This unique webcast led by Dr. Timothy Brundage, a physician advisor with more than a decade of experience in the field of clinical documentation integrity (CDI), will assist you in understanding how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) shift from a focus on volume to one of value impacts the organization. Major challenges facing organizations such as your facility are likely to include optimization of reporting mortality O/E and patient safety indicator exclusions.
Why This is Relevant:
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) has shifted the focus of healthcare from volume to one of value. To thrive under CMS quality-based, pay-for-performance program adjustments in FY2019, it is increasingly important to scrutinize clinical documentation practices to ensure those practices support the accurate reporting of quality metrics.
Through this exclusive RACmonitor exclusive webcast, you will…
- Learn to identify patient safety indicator exclusions to accurately capture the high-quality care provided by your facility;
- Understand the importance of capturing diagnoses present on admission;
- Learn the implications of "unable to clinically determine" and how it correlates with present on admission (POA) status;
- Discover how to optimize O/E mortality ratio; and
- Understand which situations are appropriate to escalate to a physician advisor.