The most consequential change to E&M coding since the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) established the 1995 and 1997 guidelines could take place soon— a change that many believe could irreparably change physician reimbursement and, ultimately, patient care— unless CMS receives comments from you and your team next month. Time is of the essence.
As reported by RACmonitor, among the proposed changes, CMS wants to simplify outpatient E&M coding by letting providers choose an office visit code level based on the most important component, medical decision making (MDM), or face time spent with the patient— without the existing requirement that the visit be counseling-dominated.
During this time-sensitive webcast, Shannon DeConda will discuss the proposed new office/outpatient payment model, add-on codes for E&M services, and the concept of documentation relaxation. You will also learn of the potential impact of these proposed changes to your organization.
During this exclusive RACmonitor webcast, Shannon DeConda will…
- Review the CMS proposed changes to E&M services;
- Outline how these proposed changes affect new office and outpatient payment models and documentation requirements;
- Review the add-on code proposal, and how these services will be billed if the proposed changes are implemented;
- Outline and potential impacts to reimbursement models; and
- Provide you with all of the needed information so you and your team can make an informed comment back to CMS prior to the set deadline.