Evaluation and management (E&M) services are back in the news with the release of the 2018 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule, and the acknowledgement by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that it is considering major revisions to current E&M documentation guidelines. Nonetheless, as burdensome and risky as they are, noncompliance of current E&M guidelines will continue to trigger audits.
Ward off investigations by the OIG and audits from third-party auditors by registering for this exclusive RACmonitor four-part series on E&M coding and documentation that can save your facilities and protect your physicians.
And gaining insight into these four educational webcasts will help you in helping your facility and your physician remain compliant while protecting revenue. Here's a preview of what you'll learn from this important and timely E&M four-part series:
In the first of this four-part webcast series, you'll discover common issues within the provider's documentation for the history and examination portions of E/M services.
In the second of this four-part webcast series, you'll learn how to determine the level of medical decision-making set forth in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Documentation Guidelines.
In the third session of this four-part webcast series, you'll learn how to put together all components of the E/M service to determine the appropriate level of service.
In the final session of this four-part webcast series, you'll learn about various complex E/M coding issues.
You can help your facility remain compliant while protecting not only revenue but quality reporting scores with tips, strategies, and education available through this on-demand series.
From this valuable educational series, you will...
- Learn how to appropriately document the history and examination
- Discover the common "errors" in documentation
- Understand how auditors determine if documentation is "allowable"
- Learn how to determine the level of medical decision-making
- Know how to discuss medical decision-making with providers
- Learn how to determine the level of service for E/M services
- Learn what to code if the documentation does not support the level of service in a particular category
- Know how to report when the initial H&P does not meet the lowest level of service
- Learn what needs to be documented for a split/shared visit in the office and hospital setting