In the final session of this four-part webcast series, you'll learn about various complex E/M coding issues. Many times, E/M coding levels are not always clear. This session will cover some of the "gray" areas of E/M coding, with a review of complex situations in the hospital setting such as when to code for observation versus initial hospital care, when you can bill an E/M service with critical care, what services can be split/shared with the non-physician provider, what to code when the initial hospital care does not meet the lowest level of service, and more.
From this valuable educational session, you will...
- Learn the common complex E/M scenarios
- Come to understand the Modifier 25 dilemma
- Learn what do you report when the initial H&P does not meet the lowest level of service
- Understand what needs to be documented for a split/shared visit in the office and hospital setting,
- Learn how do you report a split/shared visit in the office
- Know when a postoperative patient is admitted, when can you report an E/M service