After adapting to several years of changes to Medicare payment rules, outpatient therapy providers won’t find much respite from tough financial and compliance challenges in 2021. Let’s start with the fact that CMS plans to reduce outpatient therapy reimbursements by 9% — and other payers are sure to follow. How do you budget for that? Complicating matters, you need to be planning for the 15% reduction in 2022 payments for services provided by physical therapy and outpatient therapy assistants.
There’s even more bad news: CMS has resumed post-payment review audits of claims submitted prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Not surprisingly, the auditors are finding plenty of evidence that providers are confused about which rules are currently in effect.
Don’t despair, urges Nancy Beckley, presenter of this exclusive RACmonitor webcast. Instead, she says, fight back by clearly understanding and consistently complying with the latest rules and regulations. Nancy will walk you through strategies that support your organization’s efforts to compliantly bill for outpatient therapy services and capture every legitimate dollar of revenue in 2021.
Why This is Relevant:
For outpatient therapy providers, it’s no exaggeration to say that financial survival is at stake. For 2021, more than ever before, you need trusted insights and guidance with the most current set of rules and regulations. You also need accurate answers to tough questions, such as: “What steps should we take to protect our revenue stream from an expected cut in payments?” Count on Nancy Beckley, long-time co-host of the RACmonitor Monitor Mondays podcast, to deliver the assistance and answers you need to develop and deploy a survival plan for 2021!
- Understand implications of the CMS 2021 Physician Fee Schedule final rule for outpatient therapy providers
- Get insights into the findings of post-payment review audits for outpatient therapy services provided by private practice clinics, hospitals, rehab agencies and other entities
- Learn how to achieve true Medicare compliance with your therapy EMR program (many “therapy compliant” programs fail CMS audits!)
- Find out how to conduct a risk assessment based on state, regional and national risk factors applicable to therapy providers
- Understand current telehealth waivers for therapy, as well as post-public health emergency (PHE) opportunities with Medicare and other payers
Who Should Attend:
Directors of rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy and outpatient therapy departments, as well as compliance directors and compliance officers.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.