The 2020 changes to outpatient therapy have shifted and evolved, both in response to the COVID-19 crisis, and missteps by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that had to be corrected. New codes have been approved by CMS, including those codes effective Jan. 1, 2020, as well as the G-codes codes for telehealth, and therapy codes for non-therapists - all of which have brought both uncertainty as well as opportunity for therapists in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The uncertainty and changes have spurred questions about whether therapy providers (PT, OT, SLP) will be able to provide telehealth services as well as e-visits, and which "always" therapy and "sometimes therapy" codes have been approved for telehealth and e-visits with the CMS 1135 waivers during the public health crisis.
During this comprehensive 2020 update, Nancy Beckley will provide the most current information and clarification on the changes affecting outpatient therapy, plus a look at the findings of two years of outpatient therapy targeted probe and educate (TPE) audits by the nation's Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs). She will provide references and guidelines to assist outpatient therapy providers, regardless of venue, in understanding the applicable rules and regulations, and "temporary" rules and regulations with CMS, as well as other large commercial payors who often replicate CMS rules for therapy policy. You'll walk away with the facts you need to safeguard against inaccurate billing and ensure compliance, while gaining an understanding of potential opportunities for outpatient therapy in these uncertain times.
Why This is Relevant:
CMS policy often puts therapy providers at a disadvantage, and many payers follow suit by adopting CMS rules for their own payer policies. It is critical that outpatient therapy providers have a clear understanding of the current landscape, including the changes brought about by COVID-19, in order to stay compliant while taking advantage of potentially new opportunities.
- Understand CMS rules for telehealth and e-visits as it relates to PT, OT, and SLP.
- Learn new "always therapy code" for 2020 and status of codes for CMS payment.
- Learn documentation and coding requirements for therapy provided by PTAs and OTAs and understand CMS example documentation statements.
- Learn results and findings of therapy TPE audits for outpatient therapy provided by private practice clinics, hospitals, rehab agencies, and other therapy venues.
- Understand when to properly use an ABN for therapy services that are no longer medically necessary or not a Medicare benefit.
- Get updated on therapy services provided to TRICARE enrollees by PTAs and OTAs, and why a self-disclosure or refund may be necessary.
Who Should Attend:
Directors of outpatient therapy, rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and compliance, plus compliance officers.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.