Each day your managers become frustrated by the requirements of insurers. Moreover, most of your finance staff have no idea how these payer requirements affect the patients and the hospital's bottom line.
Does this sound familiar?
Patients are insured by a myriad of insurance plans, each with a separate contract with the hospital and a separate set of rules. And each day case managers and utilization review staff must navigate through those requirements and rules.
Relief is on the way.
Former medical director of case management and medical necessity reviewer, Dr. Ronald Hirsch, has created an innovative teaching method to help you and others in case management understand the frustrations of your finance staff. During this timely and important RACmonitor webcast, Dr. Hirsch will walk you through one patient's journey during the hospital stay and illustrate how insurance rules and restrictions can affect patient care, while also impacting the hospital's financial success. This journey will also allow your finance staff to have a different perspective on contracting issues. So, take the journey.
During this exclusive RACmonitor webcast, you will…
- Understand the interface between the case management/utilization review staff and the revenue cycle team
- Learn how case management supports hospital financial goals
- Benefit from a review of key strategies for case management working together to foster greater clinical and financial integration
- Learn the role of case management at the many steps in the patient journey
- Understand the effects of the payer contract provisions on the patient and the hospital.