Major reforms to the appeal process at the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) level could help your facility resolve pending appeals while, at the same, encouraging prospective appellants to re-tool their strategies and approaches in submitting their ALJ appeal requests. Learn how these changes could help you at the ALJ level during this upcoming webcast by prominent healthcare attorney Andrew Wachler.
The good news, as you’ll discover during this comprehensive presentation, is that major reform efforts to reduce the backlog of appeals have been made by CMS and OMHA. In fact, the recent CMS Final Rule makes significant changes to the Medicare appeals process, and the CMS final rule introduces a new statistical sampling initiative designed to promote efficiency in resolving claim appeals.
The bottom line: various aspects of the appeals process today will be different than the appeals process at the time that many providers requested their ALJ hearings. So now is the time and this webcast is the place for you to fully understand the recent changes to the Medicare appeals process so you can adjust your appeal strategies and approaches accordingly.
This presentation will benefit participants by providing an in-depth look at the changes to the Medicare appeals process set forth in the recent CMS Final Rule and key OMHA initiatives taking place at the ALJ appeal level. These Final Rule provisions and OMHA initiatives will have a significant impact on how you approach your Medicare appeals. Additionally, during this webcast Mr. Wachler will...
- Identify key procedural changes to ALJ appeal level set forth in the CMS Final Rule, including designation of precedential Medicare Appeals Council decisions, use of attorney adjudicators, and admission of new evidence.
- Discuss the Final Rule provisions impacting ALJ hearings, including new rules governing party and non-party participation.
- Review key OMHA initiatives taking place at the ALJ appeal level, including the new statistical sampling initiative and expansions to the Settlement Conference Facilitation program.
- Discuss the impact these new regulations and OMHA initiatives will have on providers’ ALJ appeals.
- Offer strategic approaches and practical tips to consider and implement when appealing overpayment demands and claim denials through the Medicare appeals process.