Like shifting desert sand dunes, the outpatient therapy landscape continues to change: Providers complain they don't understand the eight new therapy codes; outpatient therapists report confusion over coding criteria; payers, including Medicare and Tricare are having trouble with CCI edits; and insurance authorization systems may not be equipped to handle the codes.
In this crucial webcast, you learn why recent therapy audits, investigations and comparative billing reports reveal clues to assist in mitigating documentation, coding and billing risks. You'll also learn why outpatient therapy providers will lose up to four percent of the Medicare fee base relative in 2019 to physicians participating in Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). More bad news: Hand therapists may not be able to fabricate and bill for orthoses in 2018.
Register now and hear nationally respected Nancy Beckley debunk therapy urban legends circulating in therapy listservs. Learn how to ensure your therapy program relies on fact, not fiction of fake news.
Benefit from hearing information that is accurate, properly sourced and up to date. Monitor Monday listeners and RACmonitor readers have come to trust Nancy Beckley to deliver information that is correct and reliable.
From this session, you will...
- Understand the eight new therapy evaluation codes and problems in prior approval, claims adjudication, and documentation.
- Understand required and recommended documentation and coding to assist in mitigating audit and investigation findings.
- Learn why and how therapy providers are being targeted for post-payment, pre-payment review as well as audits and investigations.
- Understand implications of ACA Section 1557 for outpatient therapy providers, Assurance of Compliance requirements and the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule.
- Understand the therapy updates for 2017 including therapy cap, exceptions process, MIPS, locum tenens, telehealth.