Wednesday, March 8, 2017 could be doomsday. That's when the Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice (MOON) becomes effective. And that's the date moving forward when you and your facility must execute an error-free implementation of observation services. One important reason to get observation right is because of the widespread publicity and public scrutiny of observation services. Getting it right at your facility will be crucial. Surveyors will also most likely be reviewing your procedures for distribution of the Important Message from Medicare (IMM) and other patient notifications.
So, with the mandatory implementation date fast approaching, you'll want to hear the latest guidance on the MOON from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) from Ronald Hirsch, MD.
Receiving the correct guidance during this timely webcast will ensure that your processes are compliant and that your facility will most likely avoid a patient complaint or a citation from a surveyor.
From this important webcast you'll receive the latest updates and information on the MOON including...
- Receiving updated guidance from CMS on the MOON
- Learning which patients must receive the MOON
- Understanding the best practice for use of the Important Message from Medicare (IMM)
- Learning the difference between the Hospital-Issued Notice of Noncoverage (HINN) notices
- Gaining an understanding of the Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) requirements
BONUS: Attendees will get early access to a video that can be used to explain the MOON to patients.